I have simple goals in starting Epilepsy Dubai.
- meet others who have experienced epilepsy and bring them together
- meet people whose children have had epilepsy and bring them together
- provide a forum to share life experiences
- support each other during harsh times and situation
- give advice regarding epilepsy based on the knowledge we have gained
I understand in a Muslim country like UAE a group organized by a male person may not find many female members. But, if we can get enough together, then we will have a forum for mothers of epileptics to meet other mothers. Female members may initially find it more comfortable to meet online through Skype from the safety of their own homes. However, I suspect initially, if we DO get members, the majority will be male. Whatever the case is acceptable. I just want to bring together people who have experienced epilepsy in their lives.